University of Nebraska - Omaha Logo

Interpreter Position – University of Nebraska – Omaha

The University of Nebraska – Omaha (UNO) has 2 part-time/temp positions available. More information can be found at https://unomaha.peopleadmin.com/ Once the link is open, click ‘Search Jobs’ and then type in ‘Interpreter’ in the Keywords box. If there are any questions, please contact: Stephanie Vik Interpreter Coordinator University of Nebraska at Omaha MBSC 111 6001 Dodge…

Special Report by Kacy Sutton

IWCC ITP Update

neRID was recently asked to participate in a more united effort around the news that Iowa Wester Community College (IWCC) would stop offering its Interpreter Training Program (ITP). The question, “Are we united in helping IWCC keep the ITP?” Input was sought from the Nebraska Association of the Deaf (NeAD), the Iowa Association of the…

NIC at UNO

Take the NIC in Omaha, NE!

Great News! We just received news that the University of Nebraska at Omaha has finished jumping through all of the hoops and is officially an NAD-RID National Interpreter Certification testing location! You can see all of the testing locations by visiting the RID website here. Special thanks to everyone that has worked on making this…

Dale Percival of Financial Visions

Kudos on Community

The Friday afternoon session of the 2015 Nebraska Association of the Deaf Biennial Conference just let out. I am eagerly anticipating tonight’s showing of “The Untold Journey of Deaf Nebraskans”, the premiere is at 8:30 PM. I encourage everyone who can to come out and support this effort, and our ASL community. I was unexpectedly…